Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cool News of the Day!

Okay, I have had a spectacularly crapola day, I mean, we're talking really crappy, thanks to a ridiculous edit on a story that I filed almost nine months ago. (See, even the experienced among us can find themselves mired in nightmarish situations.) I was just about to throw myself out the window when my agent called.

Turns out that the Literary Guild, as part of Bookspan, has selected The Department of Lost and Found, as their alternate book club pick for the month of May!! I don't really know how this all works or the process behind it or really, what it means in the end (feel free to explain it to me if you know more!), but it seems to me that they recommend a pick of the month to all of their members, and if the members don't like that one, the Guild says, "also consider picking up TDLF too." (Does anyone get the Bookspan emails? Is this how it works?)

Holy moly! Out of all the books coming out in May, they chose mine! (Well, first they chose someone else's, but then they chose mine. I'll take a silver medal any day, especially when I didn't even know I was in the competition!)

Wahoo!!

(For those of you not interested in my horn toots, I'll be back tomorrow with a question of the day.) :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to give this a read. If you want to do a guest blog on my site when it comes out I would love to have you.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Toot your horn as much as you want! That's awesome news!

(And I'm gonna toot mine right now too--I got me an agent, I got me an agent!)

Hope you're doing well... we don't hear much about the baby here! : (

Gina Black said...

That's WONDERFUL news. Congrats!!

Lynne Griffin and Amy MacKinnon said...

Toot, toot away! Yippee and congratulations! Can't wait to buy my copy of TDLF.

Amy

Allison Winn Scotch said...

Thanks everyone! Eileen - I'll def take you up on that offer! :)

MM - YAHOO!!!! I'm sorry that i haven't been commenting on your blog as of late. I've barely had time to post my own. I'm dropping you a note off-blog to get the deets. I'm SO thrilled for you! Baby is doing fabulously, thanks for asking! I never did figure out how to post pictures on the blog, so I just gave up. :)

Amie Stuart said...

Congrats Allison! that's wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

That's great news Allison, so nice when a crappy day turns the corner and becomes a happy day. Congrats!

Larramie said...

Ahem, the Literary Guild obviously knows a "winner!" This is so deserved.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

xxxx said...

Great news ... congratulations!

Alison Ashley Formento said...

I'm a day late on this news as I'm working on my own nightmarish edits.

Toot and Hoot to your heart's delight! Can't wait to read TDLF!

Kristen said...

celebrate this! this is great! toot your horn, sister!

Cindy said...

Wow, fabulous news! You deserve it, enjoy the success.

xoxo
Cindy